Let me clarify that. Mendota Slip Leads Rule!
In my 12 years of being a dog trainer I have yet to find a better slip lead. Not only is the company wonderful but the quality of product far exceeds its competitors.
My top 5 reasons for boasting about slip leads:
1. No Clip - If you have ever lost a dogs tags because you accidentally clipped your snap leash to the tag ring instead of the collar ring you know my joy in avoiding that ordeal at all costs.
2. Use with Any Collar - All my dogs wear their collars on the loose side. I like being able to slide their collar on without fussing with buckles or clips. However this can present a problem for a dog still mastering their leash skills. Thanks to the Slip Lead this issue is no longer, well... an issue. You can use any collar you like!
3. On and Off with Ease - If you enjoy taking your pup to off leash areas, this leash will become a favorite. Simply slip the leash off or on in a fraction of a moment. No more having to take off your gloves to use the snap or bending over (unless your pup is tiny) to reach your dogs collar. You can even teach your dog to "get dressed" and make the job even easier.
4. Uses Pressure Point - When it comes to training a pulling dog to ease up my favorite tool is the Slip Lead. Using the leather stopper these leads fit perfectly over the pressure point behind a dogs ears. By adding this slight consequence to a dogs dragging habit we can see instant results. As with any tool, and any dog, there are many ways to use it appropriately and we advise you to seek out your trainer for advice.
5. Comfortable and Cleanable - The quality of material used by Mendota for their Slip Leads is top notch. Soft and flexible from day one, there will be no rope burn from these babies. Added bonus they are washable too!