When it comes to meal time for the lovely dogs in our care we have established a few guidelines to ensure a smooth tasty time. Please read through the information and directions below.
Packing meals for Montessori Dog School & Sleepover visits
Lunch or Arranged Late Pick-Up Dinner:
When packing food for Montessori Dog School there are a few things to keep in mind.
Is your dog under 6 months of age? (Dogs older than 6 months are typically ready for 2 meals a day)
Is s/he polite when food is around? (no growling or guarding)
Does s/he eat in a timely manner? (15 min or less)
Did you answer yes to the questions above? Great now follow the directions below.
1. Separate each serving size into plastic baggies or tupperware.
2. Label each baggie with your dogs first and last name.
3. Leave the bowl at home! We have plenty of bowls here at Active K9.
Step to packing your dogs meals for Sleepovers:
1. Separate each serving size into plastic baggies.
2. Label each baggie if necessary (i.e. breakfast vs dinner or days of the week).
3. Pack all baggies into a labeled (Dog's First & Last Name) carrier. Think reusable grocery bag.
4. Include instructions if necessary (such as must be refrigerated).
5. Leave the bowl at home! We have plenty of bowls here at Active K9.
Raw Food! We love it!
Already feeding a raw food diet to your dog? Gold Star for you! We are happy to feed dogs their raw diet during visits here at Active K9.
If you not yet feeding a raw food diet but are willing and able I can promise you won't regret the switch. The benefits are numerous! I won't go into it all now but if you would like to learn more you can read more here or contact us with any questions you may have.
A bonus for raw feeders - Sleepover dogs fed a raw diet are offered a $5 discount as a thank you from us at Active K9. (Thank You for having a dog with smaller less frequent poops!)
Picking a Dry Dog Food
Not all dry food is created equal. Some brands allow poor quality ingredients, excess of fillers and artificial coloring/flavors, all of which can be detrimental for a dog's health. For this reason (& for the sake of our poop scoopers) we have restricted the use of 4 particular brands.
You will find those brands listed below in addition to the brands most recommended for quality and those commonly chosen at our local pet stores. To learn more about picking the best dog food for your dog visit dogfoodadvisor.com